Meet the Registered Dietitian and Chef behind Olive Lane Culinary Nutrition, Jenny S. Passione, RD, CC.
Jenny is a graduate of Johnson & Wales University, Providence, Rhode Island with an Associate in Science in Culinary Arts (’12) and a Bachelor of Science in Culinary Nutrition with a focus in Clinical Dietetics (’14). Jenny completed her dietetic internship and continued on as a nutrition fellow in GI/research before accepting a temporary Clinical Dietitian position at NewYork-Presbyterian Hospital. Jenny currently works as the Assistant Director of Food & Nutrition, Clinical & Patient Services at University Hospital in New Jersey.
Jenny’s passion for nutrition stems from her diagnosis of celiac disease in 2008 and her family history of GI disorders. In addition to celiac disease, Jenny also has fibromyalgia and chronic fatigue syndrome. Since her diagnosis Jenny has realized that the changes she made in her diet and lifestyle helped her learn to listen to her body, see signs of improvement in her other health conditions, dig deeper into her love of food, and help others.
Jenny’s food journey started at an early age where she learned to cook from her Grandmother. When deciding on pursuing a degree in nutrition, Jenny knew that she wanted to incorporate her love of food and applied to her dream school, Johnson & Wales University. Having been diagnosed with celiac disease and attending culinary school was a challenge she was willing to conquer. Jenny became an advocate for celiac disease on campus by helping start the Sans Gluten club with the generous assistance of Udi’s Gluten Free, raising awareness via class presentations, and completing her culinary arts and culinary nutrition degrees 100% gluten-free.
As a Registered Dietitian and Certified Culinarian, Jenny’s desire is to help patients and clients achieve their health goals by creating individualized plans, using real food, achievable goals, and realistic lifestyle changes. Jenny is a firm believer in the importance of enjoying your family recipes and is here to help you meet your dietary needs while maintaining all the flavor.
Jenny lives in New Jersey with her husband. She loves puppies, food, cooking, travel, hiking, fishing, and reading.
- Registered Dietitian Nutritionist (Commission on Dietetic Registration)
- Certified Culinarian (American Culinary Federation)
- Certified GREAT Kitchens (National Foundation for Celiac Awareness)
- ServSafe Food Protection Manager (#14003514)
- ServSafe Certified Instructor and Proctor (#13125992)
Jenny's Education & Work History
- University Hospital, Assistant Director of Clinical & Patient Services, 2020 – Current
- University Hospital, Executive Chef, 2018 – 2020
- University Hospital, Registered Dietitian, 2016 – 2018
- ArchCare – Mary Manning Walsh, Clinical Dietitian, 2016
- NewYork-Presbyterian Hospital, Clinical Dietitian, 2015 – 2016
- NewYork-Presbyterian Hospital, Nutrition Fellow, GI/Research, 2015
- NewYork-Presbyterian Hospital, Dietetic Intern, 2014 – 2015
- City University of New York, School for Professional Studies, M.S. Business Management & Leadership studies, June 2020
- Johnson & Wales University, B.S. Culinary Nutrition, July 2014, summa cum laude
- Johnson & Wales University, A.S. Culinary Arts, November 2012, summa cum laude